Friday, November 12, 2010

The Sweetest Taste

Italy, one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen, and a place known for its really good food. I was able to go there this past summer, and loved it. The thing I loved most about Italy was the gelato. It is like our ice cream here, in the United States, but much better and smoother. “Wow” I said in astonishment, on my first bite I had ever taken, “this is the best kind of ice cream ever.” Of course all of my friends agreed, it was hard not to.

The smoothness of the gelato, and the yummy chocolaty flavor, that each of my helpings offered, made gelato very hard to resist. So hard in fact, that I basically had one every day; sometimes even twice a day. Leah, one of my friends I met while in Italy said, “lets walk while we eat the gelato, to make us feel like we are working all of the gelato off.” Obviously, it does not work that way, but it made us feel a little bit better about ourselves, while eating all of that gelato.

Eating gelato is like opening up presents on Christmas morning. We did not know what to expect from each present, in this case each bit of gelato, but we knew it would be good. The taste was never the same, but every time I took a bite of gelato I fell in love with it all over again. Yes, it was that good.

My friends and I were blessed enough to eat at the world’s best gelato shop. This shop had won this title for three years straight. The shop was so small, and there were so many people in there that it was hard to move around. It was easy to tell that they had the best gelato just by how many people were in there getting some. There had to be over twenty workers there, in a small working area. Although we had to wait in line longer than we would have liked, it was well worth the wait. When my friends and I took our first bite we were amazed. Our facial expressions were like whoa, this gelato shop is the real deal. The gelatos we had ate previously were all so good that we did not think there could be such a thing as the best gelato, but after that first bite, I think we found the best gelato in the world.

You would think we all would have gotten tired of gelato after eating it for three weeks straight, but this was not the case. On our way home on the plane, we had our last serving of gelato, and we savored every bite. Taking each bite in slowly, one delicious bite at a time. We did this so we could always remember the yummy and delicious taste that gelato offered us, while on our memorable trip to Italy.

By: Denae Dorris

No comments:

Post a Comment